ThoughtBody Injury Prevention Masterclass: Navigating Back Pain
The comprehensive guide to preventing and resolving back pain.
The yoga community needs instructors who can comfortably address injury concerns and modify movements for clients experiencing pain and discomfort. Our guess is that you want to be one of them!
Why it is so important
We practice yoga for many reasons. But what happens if you’re injured? Or one of your students is in pain? Understanding how to address discomfort is one of the most important skills we can have in our toolbox. The better we are able to assist our students, the more fulfilling and sustainable their yoga practice can become. This interactive training is designed to give yoga instructors a baseline knowledge to confidently address back pain and injury in your classroom.
This training will include:
- Anatomy, biomechanics, and joint functionality
- Stability vs mobility vs flexibility vs motor control
- Active vs passive mobility
- Why people get tight (and why stretching isn’t always the answer)
- Understanding the diaphragm and its role in positional stability
Understanding Pain and Injury
- Learn the types of pain, what it is, and how to address it
- Common back injuries: SI Joint Pain, Herniated/Bulged Discs, Sciatica, and Facet Syndrome
- Major misconceptions of back pain
- Compensations and increased injury risk
Assess and Progress
- Identifying dysfunction and instability
- Bracing sequences, and how to create tension properly
- Spinal segmentation, flexion, extension, and rotation techniques
- Hip mobility and disassociation
- New yoga sequencing possibilities
- Key action movements and selected pose breakdowns to address back pain
- Movement integration and modifications
About Jason Butler
Above all else, Jason is a teacher. One with a passion for helping people become better versions of themselves.
For the past several years, he was the Rehab Manager at Seattle’s premier physical rehab clinic. With over 20,000 patient visits under his belt, he’s helped people of all kinds with anything from chronic pain and compensatory patterns to neurological issues and post-surgical therapy.
But his passion for helping people extends far beyond rehabilitating physical injuries. It’s to help people move and feel better, and to become their best selves. To empower others through education, so they can make informed decisions, help others, and create better strategies to reach their goals.
Beyond health and fitness, Jason is an outdoor enthusiast and enjoys spending most of his spare time skiing, rock-climbing, hiking, and camping.
– Rehab Manager
– Tangelo Health
– Rehab Specialist
– Kinetic Sports Rehab
– Functional Range Conditioning: FRCms
– Functional Range Conditioning: Kinstretch
– National Strength and Conditioning Association: CSCS
– PRI – Myokinematic Restoration
– PRI – Impingement & Instability
– PRI – Respiration
– Functional Movement Screen: FMS level 1
Terms and Conditions
- 50% enrollment fee refundable if cancellation made 30 days prior to start date
- Cancellations made within 30 days before workshop date is non-refundable.
**All enrollments are non-refundable and non-transferable. We are not able to make exceptions to this policy.