WHO WE ARE
Bala Yoga is a lifestyle community that celebrates movement and breath. As our fast-growing, 10-year-old company evolves, innovates and expands, we remain as committed to nurturing the health and happiness of each employee as we are to each client. We honor each member’s path and hold space for the practice, healing, and transformation. We support continued evolution through our message of joy, love and inclusivity. Love wins!! At Bala, you’ll find highly-trained and inspiring teachers, leaders in the wellness community, workshops, teacher trainings, and incredible retreats!
Bala Yoga is seeking a Design Intern to contribute to Bala Yoga’s expanding community. The ideal candidate is a current student or recent graduate of a graphic design / visual communications program, with an eye for design and passion for wellness and yoga. This candidate is positive and hard-working with an excitement for our brand, with the ability to self-manage projects and deadlines. This position reports to a Creative Director and includes weekly check ins, free unlimited yoga membership (three studio locations), and a chance to build a working portfolio.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Design Intern, you’ll be building assets to support the Bala brand—and also working on new projects; including apparel and event design. You’ll work closely with the Creative Director, as a self-starter with a high attention to detail. Your work contributes to the marketing success of the studio.
What We’re Looking For:
- An affinity for yoga, wellness, and/or the fitness community.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates fundamental design principles, creative thinking and attention to detail
- Understanding of Adobe CC software, primarily InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- A desire to work within a fearless and supportive team environment
- Confidence in your ability to juggle multiple assignments and manage deadlines
- Ability to follow a Brand Guidelines while developing creative new applications
- Illustration and/or motion design experience a plus
- Reels/Tiktok experience a plus
More specifically, here are a few additional details about the roles / responsibilities of this position:
- Create new event visuals
- Translate event design to social, website, and print
- Concept new apparel and product design
- Support studio and events with environmental design
- Update graphics on site
- Must be based near Seattle or Kirkland
- Must be available remotely, with occasional in-person meetings
- Must be available 8-12 hours per week
- must have access to Adobe CC
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS
Our team is at the heart of what we do, and we value them immensely: as such, we’re always looking for ways to foster advancement and promote from within, as well as train, support, educate and nurture.
Internship position is a part-time, 3-month commitment (unpaid). Option to join Bala team part-time post-internship (paid role).
- Class credit
- Discounts on teacher trainings, retail and consumer products
- Company events & outings
- Complimentary Bala Yoga Infinity Membership
To apply and for more information, please emailMolly at: email@example.com.